7.05.2012

Book Clutches


My name is Valerie, and I am a book-a-holic.
It's safe to say that I have a decidedly unhealthy relationship with books. I can't get within 50 feet of a Barnes and Noble for fear of depleting my already waning checking account. I have so many books, there's no way I will ever be able to read them all before I die - and that's even if I outlive Methusela. So, it's no suprise that I would get overly obsessed with these book clutches that have been carried by the likes of Natalie Portman, Diane Kruger, January Jones, Michelle Williams, and the list goes on.





Unfortunately, Olympia Le-Tan's versions will run you a whopping $1500, and the cheaper ASOS version is currently sold out. But never fear, I found a DIY solution (courtesy of Runway DIY) that won't break my bank and will keep me on an unhealthy, but much desired, book high (at least until the next time I walk by a book store).
XOXO


UPDATE 1: Whilst shopping around the historic Granbury square, I found some really great old books that would be perfect for my new book clutch project. I'm hesitant to cut out the pages though because they're so beautiful. They've survived this long, and a big part of me wants to just put them on the shelf. But i'm determined to have a book clutch, so I'll post more photos when I complete the project.

UPDATE 2: And I have a book-clutch. Really didn't take a lot of work, except for cutting out the pages. (I highly recommend the most wicked X-acto knife you can find. I got one for paper, and it only cuts about five pages at a time!)




No comments:

Best Blogger TipsComment here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...